Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother’s Day Horror

Performing a quick IMDb search for “Mother’s Day” unearthed over two dozen different film entries all bearing this title, many of them are comedic film shorts... of course the most famous “Mother’s Day” of them all is the disturbing, exploitive, slasher classic from 1980.

But just as I was wrapping up my research on this “holiday”, I noticed a film entry called Happy Mother’s Day, Love George (‘73.) Apparently, Darren “Kolchak” McGavin directed two feature films in his career and this was the first. Also known as Run, Stranger Run, this PG rated “psycho-murder” flick has a wild all-star line-up, check it: Patricia Neal, Cloris Leachman, Bobby Darin, Simon Oakland, Gale Garnett, and Ron Howard! Synopsis: A series of gruesome murders shakes a small New England fishing village as an adopted teen searches for his biological parents.

Has anyone ever even heard of this film or have a copy I could borrow? Man, just when I thought I’d seen them all…

7 comments:

Adriano (Adrio) Petrucci said...

hi!!!! have just bought in newspaper kiosk " the house of seven corpes" be a really strange film, I have not seen him/it yet, but I believe that within today I will know about thing speaks! let's feel soon there! hi friend

Anonymous said...

I'VE NEVER HEARD OF IT EITHER BUT IT SOUNDS GOOD AND THAT CAST IS INDEED INTERESTING.

MOTHERS DAY '80 I HAVEN'T SEEN IN YEARS BUT I REMEMBER IT BEING NICE AND SICK.

Anonymous said...

always loved the movie poster for mothers day with the head in the box and mom looking so proud of her two sons

Mr. Karswell said...

Peter from the UK writes in saying that Happy Mother's Day, Love George can be bought at:
http://www.superhappyfun.com/content.cfm

Thanks! And Happy Mothers Day, you muthas!

T. R Xands said...

I wonder why I've never seen this blog before! I really like it! Happy Mothers Day, Love George sounds fun and bizarre...does anyone remember that movie Die! Die! My Darling, I think it was an old Hammer film, does that count as something for mother's day too?

Anonymous said...

>does anyone remember that movie Die! Die! My Darling

Excellent film! And one I know that Karswell likes too as he has posted about it several times in the past when it has aired on TCM

Mr. Karswell said...

>And one I know that Karswell likes too

Indeed I do! I suppose any movie with a bizarre "mother fixation" would qualify as good Mummy's Day viewing (ie: Psycho, etc...)

And welcome aboard the horror train, T. R Xands...